Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

What does it mean, man?  what does it mean?

Right now it's @730 am and i am up while the boys are asleep.  Mother's day gift #1.   I TRY to sleep in, but it never works anymore.  Too many mornings of getting up early.  Not that this is my reason today.  No.  The dog cried to be let out.  Apparently he didn't get the memo.  He's now asleep too.

So while they are all in slumberland i get a few moments to myself. Like many moms of youngins, i don't get to feel that too often.  Especially since SOMEONE is refusing naps a few times a week now.  Don't you wanna just shake them and tell them how precious a nap is?  That when you're older it's frowned upon to lay down in the middle of the work day and sleep?  Youth is wasted on the young.

But, hermit that i am, i appreciate my alone time--beholden to no-one.  maybe because i was single for so long (and horrible at relationships).  Its moments like this when i can fantasize about not washing the dishes, laying around all day reading trash, and drinking until i do something stupid.  wait.  That looks like today's to-do list...

So Happy Mother's Day to all mommies out there.  And to my own as well, who learned to leave me alone at an early age so that i could hermit myself away and carefully craft and hone my snark.  (or were you just looking for a minute to yourself as well?  Gotcha! teehee!)  Love you!

all right.  I'd better go spike my coffee before one of these boys gets up and starts making Mother's Day plans...