Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 20

Day 20 - A picture of somewhere you'd love to travel.


hmmmm….I guess right now my interest lay in the British Isles. I've always had and urge to see Scotland and Wales--and not because my son watches and REWATCHES his favorite train video, which travels through those two countries, narrated by Love Boat's Bernie Copell. Nor is it to go on a Scotch tasting tour. There are actually a few historical and sacred sites that I'd like to visit. And I love a beautiful and rugged landscape. I'm not a huge fan of British cuisine, and I'd prefer warmer climes, its true. But there's just something about this place that calls to me. And not just because Trainspotting is a favorite book.

Now don't get me wrong, Scotland and Wales are part of a LIST of places I'd like to see. It's just at the top at the moment. There are also a number of countries I would love to visit that have been deemed UNSAFEand OFF-LIMITS by the old man. It doesn't matter that I spent a great deal of my college years studying the religions and cultures of these places--he has put a quash on any possible travel destinations anywhere in the Middle East, or India. The Middle East, I understand. My mother would spend a week in apoplexy while I was gone, scouring the news for suicide bomber attacks. So, I'll lay off the Jerusalem tour for now. But India? I think he just doesn't want to go to India because of sanitary issues (yes Lynn, you are not the only one whose husband has "issues"--but at least mine lets me use the microwave!) But one day, I'll get chance to see some ancient temples and fight off rabid monkeys. Until then, I'll just have to contact tech support whenever I feel the urge...