Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Hickory Dickory What?

So Ben is over in his lil corner playing with this clock the Old Man got for Xmas a few years ago--it's got all these visible gears and such, so it's a bit of an Autism dream. He will gaze upon and play with that thing for a good couple of minutes while I catch a minute to pee write a blog post.

Anywho, today he's playing with it and I get the feeling they are going over Nursery Rhymes at school. The other day he brought home "Hunky Dunky" and today he is reciting "Hickory Dickory Dock"--or at least a close facsimile. He's got the first two lines down, but he's starting to impov a little in the middle:

"Hickory dickory dock
the mouse ran up the clock
the clock struck…9
snow on the mountain
tick tock tick tock tick tock.

Hickory Dickory Dock
the mouse ran up the clock
the clock struck…6
rectangle square
sit down pretzels
tick tock tick tock tick tock."


*wipes a tear* My son the beat poet… Guess I need to find him a little bongo and a beret.


I just hope no Andrew Dice Clay verses pop up anytime soon. (the way I curse? Could be any day now…)