Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Moonin' Folks...



So tonight is the night of the Super moon. It will be closer to earth than it has been in 20 years. A number of people seem to be up in arms about this phenomenon. Some think it will cause earthquakes, floods and various catastrophes. Others view it as astrologically significant as the moon is in uptight virgo, making people more anal than usual, with Uranus (not kidding) opposite that to introduce a little chaos and absolute change. Still others feel the need to prepare in case they develop extra teeth and hair and the ability to sniff out prey and literally join team Jacob.

Tonight is also Purim. My favorite holiday. It's a Jewish holiday that celebrates the story of Esther (ahhhh) and the brave Mordechai (yay!) against the evil Haman (boo! hiss!) to (once again) save the Hebrew people. (we get into a lot of scrapes, don't we?) Today I will be making Hamantashen with (for) my son and tonight, imbibing in alcoholic libations--it's a mitzvah, I HAVE to. In fact I am supposed to become so intoxicated that I would bless Haman and curse Mordechai. And G-d forbid I break with Jewish Law (lemme just but down this bacon cheeseburger)




So for those of you living near Jewish Communities tonight, be warned--the Super Moon may not be what you expected...